People.

Right before leaving my country, four years ago, my bank account had some money left. So I decided to take my debit card to a book store. I was leaving to the other side of the world, and Asia was to me a continent I wanted to discover. So I got myself this book "Asia; a travel for every country of the continent". I was in love with the northeast and I was just focused on meeting as much Chinese, Koreans and Japanese I could.

Today I realise, Malaysia has given me the opportunity to touch a bit of every cloud on this finite sky called earth. And I can't believe how unnoticed have been the fact that this entire book became a reality to me in one way or another... Passing every page, I can say "I met someone from here".

Thailand, Cambodia, Vietnam, Laos, Myanmar, Malaysia, Singapore, Indonesia, Philippines, China, Mongolia, South Korea, Japan, India, Pakistan, Nepal, Bhutan, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka, Maldives, Tajikistan, Kazakhstan, Iran, Iraq, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Yemen, Syria, Libya, Jordan...

The book ends and I can recall... Malaysia even gave me the chance to meet people from all over the world, U.S., Mexico, Colombia, Ecuador, Argentina, Spain, France, Germany, Ethiopia, Nigeria, Botswana, South Africa, Sudan, Australia, Lithuania, Greece, Algeria... And I'm sure, as I've seen thousand faces, I've forgotten many.

With such scenario, I've witness this amazing movie which is earth and I've had contact, in shorter or longer periods, with any of our actors. I've shake hands, I've talk, I've sing, I've worked, I've had dinners, walks, beers... I've had arguments, I've shared visions... I've share something with this people... the people that gives a meaning to this planet. Nowhere else, ever, we will find this, the most successful slabon of life... the people, the ones that keep talking and walking and fighting and dancing and singing and writting and creating and destroying... giving a proper meaning to earth. 


What a privilege this of us, to be able to share a gigantic globe with millions of equals that were born like you and that will die like you. And to be able to share this, our little secret in the solar system.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Venezuela, la inevitable verdad*.

"Las dictaduras no salen con votos"

8 things I uncounciously acknowledged while trying to dominate the English language.