On why I don't stop consuming meat.

Plane truth: I can't conceive my sandwich without ham, a lunch without red meat, I simply can't... anything outside that does not evokes hunger on me. The benefits of such meats are undeniable; nutrients, vitamins... iron, zinc, red blood cells' auxiliaries... I wish I could have the courage, to truly live a life saving the planet, but I keep using air conditioner and traveling by toxic vehicles, which burns enough CO2 to melt 12% of the ice in the north pole per decade... I keep doing that as much as I keep eating meat. But imagine this now, imagine our race wouldn't have achieved consciousness, if we would have been creatures of none intelligence, nobody will question our ways of consuming the pray. I hold onto that thought, it is, in a way, my salvation; I did not create this, I was born in here, under these conditions, I did not choose to be in a human sperm rather than in a horse sperm... my only hope, my tranquility and relief, is that we, as species, will later perish and will leave this planet to its original owner, nature. We weren't here always, and we won't be... death will do justice for us. In 500 years, this planet will keep existing in this solar system, will manage its atmosphere and will allow new species to emerge, as always, the ultimate authority. This planet gives the conditions, and will ever have the last word. For us time is slow, but we're just a second.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Venezuela, la inevitable verdad*.

"Las dictaduras no salen con votos"

8 things I uncounciously acknowledged while trying to dominate the English language.